What to do with all those peaches we harvested? We’ve already made pie, had them on breakfast cereal and ice cream, and eaten them as snacks. Here’s the recipe I use for frozen peach daiquiris.
- 2 medium or 3 small peaches, pits and skin removed, cut into pieces
- 3/4 tray of ice cubes (12 large cubes or equivalent)
- 3 oz. light rum, or liquor of your choice, or none if you are underage or don’t drink
- 1 oz. lime juice (feel free to use less, it overpowers more subtle fruits)
- 1 Tbs. sugar, or to taste
Blend in a suitably powerful blender until the ice has been crushed. It should look like orange slush. Makes two portions. Feel free to substitute an approximately equal amount of any other fruit you may have on hand. Don’t (or aren’t legally allowed to) drink? Leave out the alcohol and call it a slushie.